Public Announcement

Monday, May 18, 2009

The Cost of Compassion



I haven't been reading the newspaper for the past weeks. So, sorry if I'm a little bit too late to be informed of the honourable mission of "Pulau Ketam Dog Rescue Mission". Heck, I almost could have remained ignorant about the news if not cuz of Facebook! And yes, I became a member of the rescue team in Facebook, in support of the mission. It's just one free click of support, I'm sure I can afford it.. Join sajalah~ Hehehehe...

Then, I've been getting news updates from the account, each and everytime with good news that so far how many dogs and pups have been saved. But today, instead of just being an idle member of the mission, I decided to pay a wee bit more attention to the rescue mission, and googled about it.

The search result was listless and I began with the first click on the their official website. I admit I have a soft heart and immense empathy on animals, so I'm really not sure how you would feel about it. All I can say is, the rescue is much more meaningful than I'd thought it was to be :)

I thoroughly read through all the rescue mission from Day 1 till todate.. sigh* there was a.. mixture of feelings. Happy and glad when I see one dog saved from time to time, yet... so sad and sorrow to see the condition of the poor dogs. Skeletal, fear-y eyes, injured, cuts & wounds, drowned and etc.. my shallow eyes got flooded just by browsing thru the pictures.

Rescued dogs are adopted with a name!

Skeletal Serene


2 Girl Girls just reached ashore!



Weak Mercy


with painful wounds :'(






Grace is not having a leisure swim, but swimming towards the rescue boat from the HELL ISLAND when she saw them!

A summary of the happening from the Rescue Team:

"The residents of Pulau Ketam sent some 300 stray dogs to exile on a remote island where the harsh conditions almost certainly guarantee a horrible death. Of the 300 dogs sent there, more than three-quarters are presumed to be already dead. I traveled to the island with Sabrina Yeap of Furry Friends Farm and managed to save only one dog on this reconnaissance trip. We did see several other starving and dying dogs along the mangrove shore."

Just when the rescue team are doing their welfare deeds, there are evil people out there in Pulau Ketam that are now belittle-ing and defaming the rescue team's voluntary work, literally accusing the dogs have invaded their lives in the villages and are deserved to be exiled or even shot dead!

Forgive the Ketam-ers, sungguh mengketamkan sungguh. As ketam as the pulau. BODOH!

Even if the dogs have invaded their lives, have these people ever once thought that they are partly responsible for these happenings now? Take a few consideration folks:

"Oh, your kids love dogs, you adopt 1, months later you discard them because your kids are bored, and off the stray..."

"Oh, you love dogs but you don't spay them. Your neighbour love dogs and he doesn't spay them. Everyone loves dogs but THEY NEVER SPAY THEM. Dogs love dogs. They make love and produce a school of puppies and just when things get out of hand, uncivilisers go PONG.. shoot them down!"

"Oh dogs are just dogs. WHo cares.. KICK* TORTURE* BURN* CUT* COOK* them~ muahahahhaha..."

Fuck all these nuisance man!

When demons exist, I believe angels do too. For the first time, I feel proud of the Malaysians (like the rescue crews) for standing up for the welfare of animals. I'm not paid for writing this, and I'm not begging you for your money nor with the intention of robbing a fortune off you.

I'd just like to stress that, we don't need to be Ms. World or Ms. Universe to understand the word charity and the hidden meaning behind which brings hope and faith to the unfortunates.

Dogs they are. Four legged creatures they are. A million limitations compared to humans they have. But please, just for once, close your eyes and listen carefully... there's a rhythm of life, a heartbeat.

And they need our help now. You can choose to click X and exit from my blog, or here, http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/index.html to offer a small figure and there are various modes of donations. It can be only RM10 or whatever you wish (and Choya what can they do with just your RM10?) Yes, my RM10 + your RM10 + his RM10 + her RM10 + their RM10 = n(RM10) and believe me, there's a difference :)

I'm only an unemployed noob student with no income so I my limitations are very limited. LOLS. But I just asked from Hai Uncle RM50 and he didn't even bother to ask why at all so I'm gonna chip in his with mine (chek fuk for him). He can easily earn RM50 tomorrow by selling a few kilos of squids anyways :P

I choose to TT the cash to their CIMB Bank Account thru cash deposit machines (check here, http://www.mycen.com.my/rescue/index.html for other mode of transactions) because banks are everywhere, there's no reason to say "hard lah, how lah, dunno lah". I'm very well versed with bank machines anyways.. :D

Again, it's really fine if you ignore this post altogether. But I'll still be glad to share this with you :) You can help not just in money way but too, increase the awareness by spaying your dogs and stop breeding uncontrollably.

Mikey, in support of Dog Rescue Campaign...

Pinkbag, I'm sure Bobby & Mickey support it too.. LOLS!

I make a difference today. Did you?

3 comments:

kahwhai said...

now that's chek fuk....not lending money to some chu peng kau yau

Choya said...

And chu pang kau yau never return.. sigh*lols

pinkbag said...

oh yes I SUPPORT THIS MISSION! micky and bobby also!!! wtf la thosee stupid cb fishermen. somor claimed that they dunno the island is lidat 1..

What should be the name of my NAMETAG?!