Public Announcement

Saturday, May 24, 2008

The Chronicles of Narnia: PRINCE CASPIAN

aLRIght. It's time for another movie review~ Needless for me to introduce much as the title of this post has already sent a clear message of which movie I'm going to review this time around.




But before I go any further about Prince Caspian, I'd like to review on how I spent my whole Thursday to pamper myself, after such a looooOOOoooonnG time...

Basically I slept at 5 a.m. again and was dug up by mum at around 10.30 a.m. to accompany her to do some stuff in town. Initially was supposed to join my friends for Dim Sum but then I'd forgotten it and had made another appointment with my mum then. So, I had to pass the sumptious breakfast :)

Then I was supposed to meet them up by 12.30 noon at GSC, Gurney Plaza but due to some ad hoc matters with my mum, I had to apologize as I could not make it by then and had no other choice than asking them to proceed without me. But then, when you have a group of understanding buddies, they would eventually offer to postponed the movie time to 2.45 p.m :) Thanks guys (including a girl) ;) Hee...

After all things were settled, I asked my uncle to drop me at Gurney Plaza and that was about 1 p.m that time. I thought of going home to change and paint some hues on my face to look fresher and brightened up but then I guessed better not. I would take some time and it was not good to let others wait for nothing :P Seconds after I reached, I was informed by Zhi Xiang that they were at Toy Museum. Worry lets not as I got to do some shopping. Hee...

For boys: You can skip this part of the post :) Believe me...

First stop: Parkson Stila Counter
I've been opting for its sheer pressed powder for a long long time so finally I bought it :) But I've yet to use it......



Please don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to brag what kinda cosmetic I purchased as how some female bloggers would by keep on saying what and what brand and blaa blaa blaa of products they buy and stuff shitz like that but then just add on some girlish knowledge in my blog :) So far, I haven't tried it, if I think it's good then I shall recommend to those of you who are interested to grab it for good :)

So, I tested a little by rubbing a small amount from the palette and blended it on my face. In larger amount I'm not sure how's the effect but then the light sweep of powder seems to blend pretty well on my skin. For safety, I picked medium though the Stila girl recommended fair to me. Nopo, I wouldn't want to look like a geisha :P I was quite comfortable talking to her though as she was quite friendly and honest in her opinions. So, I ended buying it at the price of RM120. Actually the refill cost only RM75 and RM45 for its chic case. But I find this sales tactic reasonable as everytime you want to replenish a new powder, you just pay for its refill as it would cost a bomb everytime you have to buy the case along if they are permanently attached.

[tips: face primer is essential that's why don't think twice of getting a reliable brand because it is the layer that lies closest to your skin. Don't weigh the price but the quality. You don't want to see breakouts and worn out skin after several uses :)]

Second Stop: Crapshit & Evelyn (New shop??)

Nah... It's actually Crabtree & Evelyn :) Thanks again to my friends who gave me a RM100 gift voucher on my 20th birthday to grab something from Crab Eve. Actually it's quite a crapshit as everything is so darn expensive. Hhaha.. But it was okay, I finally managed to grab a few things that looks good, smells great and something I'll be using. I just had to top up another RM55 and I happily walked out from the store with 3 items.

It's actually a body lotion with 2 lip care which 1 I gave it to my mum :)

No Kit, I'm not going to BANCUH the lotion for you to drink although it smells yummy :P Yerp, the lotion is made of milk, soy and sugar. LOL. I have no idea why sugar. I'm quite tempted to taste it though.. LOL!!! As for the lip care, one of it smells like chocolate as it's made of cocoa butter & cardamom and the other one is made of peppermint which has a very cooling effect.. Ehehe.. WHat makes them so crapshittingly pricey is because they are all made of natural resources and no chemical additives :) I love my birthday presents!! Thanks buddies!!!

Third Stop: Nike
At first, I was thinking of getting a sports tee (otherwise known as sports bra) as I'm about to enrol into the dance classes soon. But then, they have all kinds of shades and not black. So I abandoned the idea and walked out with nothing.

Last Stop: MPH Bookstore
I haven't been reading novels for quite some time. And I was quite attracted to getting one as the book covers nowadays are so... irresistable but then lets not judge a book by its cover. Haha... So I moved to the Magazine Section and was torn whether to pick Female or Cleo. Female is way thicker but then the headlines are quite.. suggestive this month so I picked Cleo instead. Innocence is pure. LOL!!! Then Siew Lay called. Perfect timing. I did not want to walk any more :P

So as informed by her, I walked my way up to GSC and upon reaching (on the way up on escalator), I saw Huo Kit looking suspicious around the pillar. As I stepped on the 7th floor, the first greeting I got was "Tung Hing, lai lai.. khuai!" and I was pulled towards the pillar. Well the reason was we saw someone whom was a big turn off! Ahahahha!

Okay, lets not deviate further. I feel that I'm getting way further from my movie review. LOL! Let Choya bring you to Narnia ok? I have a wardrobe ready for you!!!


LU KONG WA KA KUI CHIT LEH TOO BOH??? WA KUI HO LU KHUA!!!! :P


woo.... what do i see???


potong juga neeh...... LOL!!!

So, the fact is that I did not watch Narnia 1 and then I was watching Narnia 2. Haha! This was exactly what happen to Lord of The Rings which I watched in the sequence of 3, 2, 1. Haha! I watched 3 in the cinema then catched up 2 and 1 in my uncle's home mini theatre in Jakarta. All alone. Steam also neeh~ LOL! Although I didn't know much of what happened in Narnia 1 but then Narnia 2 is pretty cool :) Although the casts look pretty peculiar LOL but then got Prince Caspian can already :) Heee............. Ben Barnes is 27 years old. No wonder I only had eyes for him in the movie as all the rest were kinda GINA!

Everything is cute in Narnia. The talking creatures all looking great and natural especially the mouse! Hahaha.. I like him alot! Not forgetting Aslan... the cool mane actor..

do you feel like securing an ING insurance now???

This movie is overall great as they blended both humour and suspense pretty well together. It's not confusing although I did not watch the 1st one and the graphic seems pretty good as well.

But then again, I expected Prince Caspian to shine more than just that in the movie. I felt that there wasn't enough figthing scenes between him and the traitor uncle. All he did was he invaded the private bedroom pointing the sword sharp to his uncle's apple. Then he got shot and blaa.. But then the following scene of the mini war in the castle was quite emotional as quite a number of the Narnians were killed and sacrificed. t.t Lucky the mouse survived! Haha!

And I find that the Peter is abit gau gau in the movie with his cocky face. Dunno, not really my favourite. I prefer Edmund to him. Hahaha! Maybe the part I understand least was the lady trapped in the ice one. A drop of Adam's blood. Hmm.. She can have a pad of Eve's blood :D Haha! Susan has a very sexy lips and Lu looks like.. an ordinary gina to me :)

ALright, I don't want to reveal anything further about the movie as it will not be fair for those of you who haven't watched it :) Ya I know, some of you might not have the interest for the show cuz it sounds a bit childish right (to me at first) but then it's pretty good. Overall I would give a B+ rating! Hahaha.. You see, I'm never a fan of this.. magical and fantasy world kind of stories as I show as much interest as a dead lizard lying down on the road for Harry Potter. I can't even remember if I went to watch one of the many parts or not. But I do remember watching the Part 1 till I fell asleep at home. Haha.. Okay, I smell danger. Fans of Harry Potter must be cursing at me now.

And now, these are the main casts for Narnia 2: Prince Caspian

All looking great at the premiere :)


After the movie, I was rushing to the toilet like no one's business as I did not expect the movie to last for almost 3 hours. Maybe 2 and a half and my bladder was going to burst! Went to the 1st toilet and the Q was like a dragon. So had to rush to another one. Next time must really go toilet upon entering cinema :)

After fooling around in Gurney, we thought it was time for dinner so we went to Yeow's Western Food and filled our stomach. YumZ. I wonder how Hock's Pork CHop Oriental tasted like. Would it be as tasty as Didem??? Who is Didem??? ASK HOCK! :P

So, that was how a great day ended :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

the makers of Prince Caspian kept to the original story surprisingly well... i heard they were going to make it into a silly pure-action flick, but thankfully this was not the case

What should be the name of my NAMETAG?!