Public Announcement

Sunday, May 25, 2008

Happy Wesak

Well you see, I'm another week late again. LOLz! Wesak Day was like 6 days ago but then nevermind. It's better late than never rite? Ngek Ngek* :P

But then this year's Wesak Day is slightly different than last year for me as I got to experience something new :) What's so new neeh?

Have you guys heard or ever been to Buppharam Thai Buddhist Temple? Buppharam Temple is the one directly opposite Aurora Court lor. I'm sure most of you guys have passed that temple before but it's a matter that you take note of the temple's name or not :P It's quite a well furnished temple actually.

The monk sitting down there is just a statue not real though :)

I'm sure for those if you who know this temple, you must have heard of the famous tale of "poh hood", direct translation to english --> carry buddha. LOL! Okay, let me explain further. It's actually a small statue of a Buddha in a sitting position aged 1000 years old. And its name is Long Phor Yhauk. The title Long Phor is actually quite a high ranking position already for the monks. And what is so special about this statue is, you can make a wish before it and then ask if your wish will be granted or not. I know it sounds a little bit superstitious but then you see, every religion has their own special way of communication :)

Here's a picture I snapped while others were making wishes...

the guy in grey shirt is the medium...


At first, I was this fascinated onlooker who wore a very curious but somehow amazed look each and everytime I saw the fellow wishers trying out their luck. I had no intention of trying out at first but then after a couple of minutes, I decided to give it a try. LOL.

This is how it works.

First, put your palms together and within yourself, whisper your name, age and where you come from. Then followed by your wish. You can only make one wish at a time, so prioritize. Haha! After that, ask Long Phor Yhauk if it gets your wish. If it does, you'll be able to lift its statue up about twice its height. It's quite heavy actually but then the first time I manage to lift it up :P So, Long Phor Yhauk got my wish. YayZ! The weight is like.. erm.. 2 blocks of bricks :)

Now, comes the 2nd part. After it gets your wish, the next step is you would have to ask whether it will grant your wish or not or according to the medium, Long Phor Yhauk will try its best to make your wish come true. Actually, whether it will grant you or not, depends very much of your previous deeds and karma. Whether they are good or they are not :) How do you know whether your wish is granted or not? Nope, Long Phor Yhauk is not going to stand from its sitting position nor open its eyes :P Okay.. I better not make fun of it :/

The hint is actually when the 2nd time you lift up the statue, it's either you can't lift it up at all even 1 cm from the base cuz suddenly it weighs like a hundred blocks of bricks after a few seconds or you'll still be able to lift him up with average force. Maybe it gets a little bit heavier but you still able to lift it up, be it a little or alot. Depends.

If it's superbly heavy that you can't even leave 1 cm from the base then it's a good sign. If it sticks its butt to the base wah, then you yeng d. Haha! It shows that Long Phor Yhauk will grant your wish 100%. But then if you could still leave it up like, many centimetres above its base means the chances of your wish is just 50-50. Everyone is given only 2 times to lift Long Phor Yhauk so error free thou shall be. LOL!

So, what was Choya's results? Hmm..

So the first time I managed to lift it up lor as I said - means it got my wish lor. So came the 2nd time when I had to ask if Long Phor Yhauk would grant my wish or not, that time I started to feel a little bit nervous. What if suddenly the statue instead of weighing 2 blocks of bricks then it weighs like 2 cents? Or even if it gets so light that it floats?:D ... ... ... Haha! Then after a while, I reached out my hands once again, clasped my palms tightly to the statue and I whispered as guided by the medium, "If you grant my wish, please sit still to your position and don't let me even able to lift you up a tiny bit." Took a deep breath and then with full forces from my arms (triceps and biceps) and I went....

....

Suddenly I freaked out. It felt like it wasn't the same statue I lifted up moments ago. It really felt heavier. JUST HEAVIER. No joke, that time I was feeling really nervous and my mind was nothing but blank as I didn't know how long I should sustain the drama lol until the medium could see it and asked me to slowly lift it down.

Okay, although it was heavy, but then it was lifted up a tiny bit. Then I thought I was done cuz everyone was given 2wice the chance to lift the statue only mar. But then the medium told me that, "Your mind when lifting the statue was not clear. You got nervous and confused." Yeah, I did. Haha! But I was surprised when he said, "Ask Long Phor Yhauk give you another last try. Clear your mind. Don't get deviated. Hold on to the statue while focusing on your wish. Just don't let it slip away. Tell Long Phor Yhauk that if it grants your wish, you shall come back again to it with 5 apples, 1 bottle of oil and 7 flowers." Well, obviously I felt honoured ler.. as no one before me had given the chance to lift it for the 3rd time. Maybe I gina eh su pun neeh. LOL!

Okay so the second time I gathered all my internal forces. LOL! And transfered them to my arms. Hmm. Iron Lady... Okay, please excuse me for my lameness :P Okay, I whispered all the things the medium taught me to. And then I tried to lift it up. HEAVEN, IT WAS HEAVIER THIS TIME and I think I only managed to shift the statue from its position a tiny bit but failed to lift it up much than the first time I did. But this part was funny. Haha! As I was trying my best to lift it at the same time the medium went, "Tiok liao, ka ee fight lok ki.... kio ee che tang tang, che tang tang ho lu beh kerng." Hahahahha!!! Fight must fight~ Fight with a statue of Buddha, what can be more EXCITING than that? :P

Okay I don't know why but suddenly this phrase breezes through my mind... "Wa tei sukak cho eh ming kia tiok si che ho ho eh"..... LMAO!!! FYI, this is a RaNdOm phrase from Hock in Langkawi :) Only CLTS members get what I mean :P

So, that was the end of the story. Heck it was long! LOL.. So the medium told me that I was the 3rd person of the day to achieve this :) True or not, I shall not comment further until I see for myself soon whether my wish will be granted or not :) If it works, I'll tell you what's my wish.
Yu Yu, sssshhhhh!

(p.s I did not tell Long Phor Yhauk I failed my Buddhist Test :P)

So fast a year had passed in a blink of an eye. Last year, I was assigned by Ching Terk Zhi, Chairman of SXI BSS to get people to join the procession. The few kilometres walk from CRC to Kelawei Road to Burmah Road to Anson Road to McCalister Road to a few more roads I'm not sure the name. Haha! Well, no doubt it's tiring but then it's quite fun too when you walk with a group of friends :) Oh, this year is a little bit different from last year. Walked with Lim Guan Eng this year. Haha!

Actually, I just got myself active in Buddhism after joining Budhist Students' Society in F6. As you guys know, I was the secretary but then maybe there's one thing you guys do not know. I was the only one from the society who failed the Malaysian Buddhist Test. Hahaha!

Snapped a few photos during the procession...

the law or Karma.. what goes around comes around


now you see the light :P

4 comments:

pinkbag said...

the medium so yeng 1..i must go next year d. but if i managed to carry the buddha up the 2nd time, then damn sad d haha.

Choya said...

Pinkbag:
Yeng leh.. LOL! No need worry. AS the medium says: KA EE FIGHT LOK KI! LOLzzz..

Desmonde d'Crinoline said...

wow...what an amazing experience! too bad i didnt go to the procession this year....just lost my uncle last 2 weeks so cant attend any religious ceremony....

anyway, perhaps next year i will be bac to join the procession again!~

hope to c u by then!~

Choya said...

Desmond:
Oh.. I am sorry to hear that.

Oh you might have to wait one year for another procession but if you want to try out the Long Phor Yhauk experience, anytime oso can :)

See you too!

What should be the name of my NAMETAG?!