Public Announcement

Monday, March 9, 2009

Marley and Me Reviews

This is a continuation from last night's Marley and Me post. Sorry for I was too emotional last night that I couldn't really write a good review. And man, Marley and Me is a great show based on a true story of the writer John Grogan with his love and hate best friend, Marley :)

Actually, there wasn't any movie at all in my mind that I wanted to watch. Looking at the latest movie list, nothing seemed appealing to me. All I'm waiting for is Little Ashes and New Moon :P

Brian picked me up at 8.00 p.m. and we spent at least 1/2 hour on the road, deciding where to dine. Jam here and there, at last we headed to Waterfall Lil' Cottage. As usual, had my favourite Grilled Almond Fish. Then we gossipped bout my sister the rest of the dinner :P

It was movie time and we had no idea which movie to watch. Too late for early shows and too early for late shows. In the end, we picked Marley & Me and thank God I did not insist to watch Watchmen, Kah Whai told me after that it was a stupid movie. HAHA!

Marley is a Labrador, the world worst Labrador :)

First of all, I think Owen Wilson and Jennifer Aniston look pretty good together :) Honestly, looking from left to right, up and down, inside out.. I still think Jennifer Aniston looks way hotter than the si chipung bin, Angelina Jolie :P No pouty lips and steamy gaze. Yays for that :)

So far, Marley and Me is the first movie in 2009 that have really touched my heart. It's not like any other romance comedy where man-woman waiting for one another to fall in the lovetrap instead, it depicts a realistic married life of a couple. Circumstances that bring both joy and despair. It's so true.

John and Jenny Grogan

I find that the movie relates so much to me, not just because I'm a dog lover myself but then the perspective of having children, it's really a pretty big responsibility and so much hectic changes we have to adapt to. In this case, I'm definitely relating to John Grogan more as he's the one with no-kids-theory :) but unfortunately..... he leaked.. HAHAHAHA!


And it's when all these problem arise, when responsibilities and commitment get out of control, when a happy married life suddenly goes stale and kids become the only topic. Zzz! Jenny decided to dismiss Marley-the-Mess from the Grogan Family as she couldn't put up to so much crap anymore and is soon suffering from post natal syndrome. Of course, John Grogan wouldn't do it by all means.

In the end, as they finally able hit the patch-up button and able to adapt to the new life, Marley is ready to go. People say that, when a dog knows that he's dying, he'll run away from home and spend his last minutes and seconds of life alone. Marley was lost and found.. but in the end, he was lost forever. Putting him to sleep was the last thing John Grogan would do, but that was the only thing he could do too.

At Marley's dying bed, John Grogan whispered to him, "Of all the times when we said you're the world worst dog, don't ever believe it for even one second of that. We have always loved you, and you know it."

And that was the life of Marley T.T



Marley the Clearance Puppy... T.T


"A dog has no use for fancy cars or big homes or designer clothes. Status symbol means nothing to him. A waterlogged stick will do just fine. A dog judges others not by their color or creed or class but by who they are inside. A dog doesn't care if you are rich or poor, educated or illiterate, clever or dull. Give him your heart and he will give you his." -John Grogan.

Tears.

After the movie, I asked Brian to drop me at Pei Wen's place. I got too absorbed into the movie and I was pretty quiet the whole journey there. Reaching the place, there were some happening issues and I stayed till 3 a.m. pestering Pei Wen for an answer while the adults drank their time away :P And I've yet to get the answer *tapping fingers* :P

And as for now, I got to change my bedsheet already. And lastly, I give Marley and Me a grade of, GREAT A!

4 comments:

Brian said...

yeah, nice movie... i didn't know u cried untill the show almost finish.. lousy me...in fact i almost can't hold back my tear too..... i mean ALMOST.... :P

Choya said...

Lolz Brian,
Not cry la.. TEARS nia.. Touching isn't it. Tried not to dee. But I see quite alot of girls' eyes red red too :P Din expect that kinda ending at all. LOLS!

Alicia said...

Why do you hate Ange. Jolie? hahahaahhahaha

Choya said...

Lols,
I hate everything about her. LOLS!

What should be the name of my NAMETAG?!