Public Announcement

Monday, October 22, 2007

Memoirs Of A Librarian

Finally, there's an update for this month!! Had been waiting for the right occasion to crack up a post. So, needless to say..the long-awaited big night of the month is obviously our B.O.L Farewell laa. Well, I have to admit that this year's theme is really cool and unique: 60's 70's, all thanks to our beloved Ho Kah Sing. He was actually inspired or rather I should say aroused by the movie, Hairspray!

"Huh?? Hairspray? Ouu... The one spray dee teng teng one or spray dee got colour eh??"

does the sentence above sounds somewhat familiar to some of you?? ngek ngek* :P

Anyway, there have been plenty of good reviews from those who had watched Hairspray but I've yet to catch one. Alright, the last movie I'd prabably watched was Transformers and yea, I'd missed plenty of shows. I didn't watch The Simpsons, Ratatouille and Rush Hour...ooops, kinda out lately huh me...? :P Dunno what I'm busy with also actually.

Everyone is getting very retro these days, huh?


So let's get back to the main topic, Farewell! Obviously, I woke up on a beautiful Saturday morning with great anticipation for the Saturday night fever. I checked my outfit again, done! done! done! And quickly, I dashed to shower and rushed out from the house at around 8.30 a.m to fetch my auntie from Northam Hotel to the hospital because Zeke was supposed to get his check-up on his tiny little heart. And I cancelled the badminton outing with my friends but manatau the doctor was on leave till the next week. So, I just lazed around in the hotel with my auntie and gossip.

Then of cuz, we talked bout my Farewell and my auntie asked me what was I going to wear and what to do with my hair. Hair~ It was the biggest headache! I definitely don't suit hairbands and my only resort was to tie it up into a neat bun! But how???? Then suddenly a brilliant idea striked my mind. My aunt was a stewardess before, tying a bun is just like a piece of cake to them, isn't it?! Plus, my aunt got the best grooming compliments during the days when she was flying. And of cuz, she was more than willing to guide me and offered to dress me up too. AHaha! It sounds like some girl thing here right? Despite having 2 kids and at the age of 35, my aunt stays forever young in her heart.

So we went out to the market, the mall to hunt for the tools and neccessities and by the time I got home, it was already 4.50 p.m! Oh shit! Guess I must be really outta time. Very quickly, I bathed...err.. or maybe not that quickly..LOL! Then dressed up and dashed out of the house to the hotel. And that time was already almost 6.00 p.m! The dinner was scheduled to start at
6.45 p.m.! It was raining cats and dogs some more, and my hair was still loosely swaying in the air ungroomed!

Then as I reached the hotel room, everything had to be fast forwarded. There was not any trial and error session for me to play with the bun and I just gave it one best try and ready to go. That also took me bout 20 minutes! Then quickly I slipped on my heels and wanted to just dashed outta the hotel room and suddenly I gasped! My naked FACE! LOL! I totally forgotten bout the makeup and very very and seriously quickly I just dabbed some foundation and a swap of shade here and there and dashed out. Lips were glossed in the lift and that was why Ryan could see me lashing up in the school carpark! LOL! Seriously, I stepped out from the car feeling not that confident and ready as I thought I was going to becuz I felt totally unfinished. Then I thought to myself, aih~ already here, lets not think twice and just enjoy the night, shouldn't I?

Reflection Of The Past....

As I walked along the corridors of the 3rd floor towards the library, out of a sudden, I started to develop a little feeling of nostalgia. I thought of last year, when Ryan and I were the emcees of the night. Before the Farewell officially started, both of us stood by the corridors having butterflies in our tummy and we made the effort of delivering our speeches without dictating from the scripts. Well, when Jin Chuen told me that he positioned me as the Miss MC, I was really doubtful bout that but I felt more relieved when I knew that Ryan was being dragged along. Haha! Anyway Ryan, thanks for making things easier for me back then :) Some time ago, I was clearing the papers from my file and I found a copy of our Farewell Scripts. It carved a smile on my face as I went through it again. Hee!

Girls of B.O.L Farewell last year....
me positioned as an emcee!

and this year, I was there at the farewell as an...

ordinary retiree of B.O.L, just like everyone else!

In B.O.L, we mingle as one regardless of positions.

And that was why you had our late chief that took orders of food after school hours and delivered it all the way from Angel to the workroom... selesanya~

Well, after all I wasn't that late at all cuz the night had not even started when we were there. So we just loitered around Portion 1 and ogled at everyone's dressing. Not bad! It has a great boost of retroness, somehow... especially her.... Ahahahaha!

If there should be a title of queen of retro, it shall be all yours Siew Lay!

tiak your suspender*
HAHA clan! :P

And before we stepped into the Portion 2, my heart skipped really fast. Wondering what Sir was wearing, wondering if Betty had comments on my quite-short skirt, and just alot going through my mind at that moment. Hee! And as I was walking closer to the entrance, I saw Sir was wearing a Punjabi top I was like, hey! He transformed from T-shirts to Punjabi top! I had a great feeling for tonight all of a sudden. It means, this farewell was certainly something Sir took effort in. Hee! So special compared to last year!

Then me and Zhi Xiang tiok faster faster mai wai so that we got the best place! After Brother Charles umbrella talk, hee... We then proceed to Betty's crap and then finally, time for FOOD! But right before all of us set for the queue, Sir suddenly appeared by our table and dropped some comments to all of us.

Siong Ko says: Wow, I can see that tonight, the people from this table really transformed. Can't recognise some of you. *senyuman sinis :)* Especially you, you look so elegant tonight! Want to hear more? Very charming.

Alright, no one really knows if Sir was just trying to play some tricks here or what, but I'm sure for any of the girls whom is being praised like that would be feeling over the moon. The feeling of inferiority and under-ready vanished in a split second. Haha! Wouldn't it be enough even if he was the only person who thought so? Hee! Imperfection is pure :D

we love Ai Geok lots, don't we?!!


Just when we were happily entertaining ourselves away, Huo Kit came up with his camera trick. I knew for sure it wasn't any good fruits behind it, LOL! But curiosity kills the pussy cat!

HAHA clan got a new member, ice-kacang auntie!

p/s HAHA clan, don't make fun of ice-kacang auntie ok? Manatau after our farewell she pi netcity pawned everyone in Dota one. ahahha! Then HAHA clan will be ruled by a donut dee! :P

Then came to the highlight of the night, well for me only I guess? LOL! SIONG KO SAYS GAME! Although the game was a little long-winded and time consuming, but it worthed every seconds and minutes in the end. Hee!!

Sir was forfeited when Sher Lynn actually said: scratch your left lap because Sir scratched the wrong part, someone exclaimed quite loudly! And I started bursting into laughter, SIR SCRATCH THE WRONG PART! I wonder which wrong part huh? LOL!!! Maybe it was really itchy? Heeeee!

Then obviously Sir was forfeited and then he requested to perform his own forfeit by choice. Of cuz we granted him. He then said that he wanted to sing a song, to a very special lady and she was one of the people in the farewell tonight. Hahahaha! I wonder who leh hor???

...but I can't help, falling in love with you.....

another BIG YES of the night for CHOYA!!! :D

even HAHA clan showed their thumbs up! Am I their first girl fan I wonder.. Hee!
I think I go for Hock! ahahaha..

So now you all sam fook hau fook dee la ya? Not I tepuk sebelah tangan one you know?? Hee!

So after all the performances and such, it was time for the revelation of LIBRARIANS OF THE YEAR! As expected, they were Ryan, Huo Kit and Jin Chuen! Buy 4d also not that chun arr..Hee!

akhirnya Huo Kit berjaya menghasilkan ideologinya yang sendiri dan muncul sebagai wira!
Hahaaaha!
A bunch of noobshitz!

But there's always a bunch of greater noobshitz!

Bitch Familia vs HAHA clan! Noob nia your pose Ryan!

Just when we thought the night was going to end just like that? Sir surprised us with his 2nd outfit of the night!! Damn yeah~

Hahahahah!!!! Sir is seriously full of surprises...!

When my mum saw this pic, she gave a very sharp comment..
"Lau liao an chua ho pun si lao eh. Beh pi kah siao lien keh"
LOL! Lotsa sui kia here perhaps?

Well, after some camwhore session around the library, it came to the very end of the Farewell night. Everyone started getting toned down and bid our last farewell as librarians. A year had passed in a blink of an eye. Frienship blossomed through thick and thin. Were words of thanking enough to express our heartfelt emotions towards one another? I wonder.

this was us this year...

and this was us last year....

Of cuz, it takes just a second to look at those two pictures in contrast, judging changes physically. But I can asurre you that behind those pictures, there were more than just one heaven of a drama. We'd grown and mature together within this one full year of service together, and I truly treasure this chance that I'd been given, to be part of B.O.L and being around with the right people at the right place. Although it had just been a year of me here, but B.O.L had given me such a pleasant sense of belonging. I'm always proud to say, I'm A Librarian!

I should really stress that, fate really brought us together into B.O.L. When a few of my friends and I were talking about how we ended up in B.O.L, most of us actually ALMOST given up on the application as we thought it was pretty, you know...troublesome. Hee! Interviews and the long winded questions in the application forms were...ZzzZzzz! Haha!! I was almost disqualified from the application process because I handed in my form without a photo. I almost given up on it when they insisted that they wanted a photo but then Bernard(my former Senior) kept coming to the class and insisted for the photo. So, that was how I really ended up in B.O.L in the end. Haha!

Jin Wei, Me, Lettecia and Kheng Wee, last year!
When I look at this picture, I too, felt like....damn...I looked so sook lui last year! LOL!! Then came this year, suddenly became a fei lui. Ahahaha.. Ryan, get your terms right okay? It's fei lui and not chor lui! LOL! All thanks to Kah Whai la! Became fei lui after getting to know him...LOL!

Basically, a donkey zillion words are not enough to summarize my gratitude and one memorable year of journey in B.O.L. I know that it's going to be something that happen only once in a lifetime for me and someday when I come back and take a visit to the library, of cuz things will change, be it interiorly or exteriorly, but I will and shall never forget the times I had here with you all, guys and girls. With us buzzing in and out from the counter, with us staying back in the workroom crapping nonsense, with us breaking all the rules when we get together (BOL T-shirt remember??) LOL! What more to say bout forgetting sweet moments with him? LOL! No, I'll never forget all these, at all. I don't know what exactly are my feelings now, but I just know it feels sour :'(
1000 biji of sour plus to the power of infinity also cannot be comparable to my feelings now.

Lastly, I'd like to say...

Farewell B.O.L


Setiap pertemuan ada perpisahannya.
Lets not be sad that it's over, be glad that it once happened,
am I right?

I hope so.... :)

THE END

2 comments:

Naomi said...

hey tung hing, still remember me? naomi? lol. i read your blog. found your blog from your older friendster blog. and you have a great blog man!! =D if you dont mind, can i link you?

Naomi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.

What should be the name of my NAMETAG?!