Public Announcement

Monday, July 14, 2008

Just One Paper and For A Name

So everyone knows, I failed my local university application. Am I stupid or what??? I don't think so :) I certainly didn't foresee the power of Mathematics, baahhh... not just any general Mathematics for God sake. It's Pure Mathematics you call it in English, Matematik Tulen in Malay... Whatever it's called in Chinese I don't give a shit but I definitely TULAN SUAN SOOK now :)

I can't agree more when people say in general, that everyone needs to obtain at least a Bachelor's Degree. Of cuz I want it too la. Degree wor.. So in and yeah neeh. I get to wear the.. the.. erm.. shit, what's that called. Erm.. haiya that square hat with dangling threads and not to miss out the graduation robes (Hock, not gown k :P) Nowadays everyone has a degree in something something and obviously I also want to chan yit lau la~ Besides wanna chan yit lau, I have no other words to describe my purpose :) I just want to have it because everyone has it thats all.

hanna.. this one la.. the square hat I meant!

Just like anything in this world, everything has got a price. No exception for education nowadays. It can be bought. You have money, go private la, so easy nia. Still a Degree what.. better some more :) But wouldn't it be nice that if get to go local university, everything just costs cheaper!!! So fun, extra money can be used to chok kuai some more! But then for someone like me, whom parents don't seem to sediakan any penabungan for education and at the same time I'm not academically qualified for a scholarship yet local university doesn't want me. Lolz! Life can be really... exciting pun la :P

p/s: I don't give 2 shits about local university but sadly, aihz.. my mum does. She has her reasons for it. It's really my bad for obtaining such inadequate results. A-, B, C+ and F for Maths. All rise~ (Kimora's style) *applause* Damn it!

I don't know. It's a major issue for my mum that I didn't get to the local university seriously. It's like "Lu cham liao, hami pun beh cho liao lu".. What the heck? A degree is obviously important, I never deny but then, why is there pressure if I can't get local? Ting! Financial concern :) When it comes to this matter, it's not my bad anymore right. I can't possibly sell myself away right just to raise fund for education.. erm, I bet there's no value too. Hahaha. I'm not meh san sin loh pak pei. And I don't quite feel like burdening my siblings for my education even though my bro offers. Back then, they worked hard. I can't be sitting down waiting to be fed. That time, no one fed them and they are doing quite fine right now :)

To most parents I see, I think they find it perfectly normal for their kids to graduate from private university so long the course is good and the degree is recognised.

Part of the reason my mum's thinking this way could be, my siblings didn't get to go university due to erm.. financial problems back then and they took shorter ways to career that my mum takes me as the last seed of hope and screw myself, I didn't get it despite I'm the one who showed better results than my siblings all this while. I do really feel very sorry for her actually. I know I'm a huge disappointment and a disgrace or whatever in the family. But what can I do...

She's constantly comparing me with her friend's daughter, whom got UUM for some kinda economic studies and also my cousin who everybody in my family got a shock of their life that she got a place in UUM despite her... erm attitude and results :) Then my pathetic news break thru and travel across the bridge to my relatives that I get nothing. WhoaaAaa! Mum's constantly asking me what have I done??? Sometimes I just wish to answer that, yeah.. I'm stupid. Yeah, I'm bad. Yeah, I'm not fit. That's why not accepted. End of story. But the story never ends....

She's asking me why am I so picky about the choices of course. Want this and want that but hell.. I'm not even offered anything by the local university :P You know it will definitely feel better if you reject some noob course offered than get nothing at all you know?? I know it sounds pathetic. Not that I want a placing so badly but then my mum does! I feel so helpless now :S Personally to me, it's just a paper named Degree and a name called Tua Hup Seng. Anyone who wants to blend into the society these days, thou shall obtain at least a degree :) A degree definitely opens many doors. But pien pien the course I want to pursue don't offer up to degree standard. Even if it does, like fashion designing.. costs a bomb! And mum keeps reminding me there's no future. God, who knows what is awaiting in the future. But drop that first, passion and interest can wait right :) I need not necessarily make it my prime career :) Passion and interest not career. Hmm..

shit, seems like all the doors are closed for me...



I admit I failed her. Lolz. Am I the only one with this weird problem? I do really feel sorry for failing her but not quite to myself for not being accepted. Haha! I'm quite okay actually :P My brother has been telling me it doesn't matter at all, seriously it does not. Actually this problem is no problem to most of you guys who have a pair of up to date and supportive parents ler seriously. It's just mine that's a bit... no comments. Lolz!

But I just feel... sad for my mum. Because I love her and I hate myself for this whole thing now. You know if I were really accepted (which did not happen obviously), I don't really mind to invest 3 years doing something that least interest me in the local university, (don't say la what forestry or agricultural course cuz that's unacceptable.. Haha!) So long it makes her proud and happy in her own world then I seriously don't mind at all (But of cuz I'll complain abit abit here and there la, normal apa :P) Aihz, lets not say anything la, din get means did get. Omong-omong kosong sahaja. I'm just not fit and good enough to secure a place, what more to comment. Sighs* Wo cai bu si han ne ke shi wo ma da... (Shao Qi's style) :P

And by the way, you wont believe what I found while emoing-ly surfing through the internet about Degrees in Education. It's erm.. just a website promoting their "hardcore" services. Lolz!! What kinda service? Nah la. Not kinky one dun get too excited :P It's just them selling their CUSTOM MADE FAKE DIPLOMAS, FAKE COLLEGE DEGREES AND TRANSCRIPT :P No wonder everyone's a graduate now. Haha! I seriously think this website should be banned yet I appreciate its openness.

Check it out, yo yo!
http://images.google.com.my/imgres?imgurl=http://www.nd-center.com/fake%2520university%2520degree.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.nd-center.com/&h=2550&w=3300&sz=675&hl=en&start=2&um=1&tbnid=Q4Bi7betlSsC6M:&tbnh=116&tbnw=150&prev=/images%3Fq%3Ddegree%26um%3D1%26hl%3Den

What do you think of my choice of design and layout???

Cheers! Kan Pei!! Yam Seng!!!

No comments:

What should be the name of my NAMETAG?!