Public Announcement

Sunday, July 20, 2008

Tale To Be Told

"Da da dakkk dakk da da dakk dakk!!!!!" With eyes half closed, I was trying to reach out for my alarming handphone, placed directly under my bed. I looked at the LCD screen and the clock struck sharp at 7.30 in the morning. Sigh* One hell of a sleepness night I had... again :( Been waking up constantly between every one and a half hours time throughout the whole night, and that was bad!

Then the very first thing I thought to myself was, "Should I just cancel the hiking to Penang Hill today?" ... ... Better not, I'm on my 10 pounds project! So I hurried myself to the bathroom and got everything ready in about 45 minutes. Then, I looked out to the weather outside, it was indeed a bright Sunday morning.

As usual, like any other Sunday, I would go for breakfast with my family and you bet, it was Bak Kut Teh again... I mean, as usual? :) Knowing that I'd be on a hiking plan later, I did not stuff myself too full. Not even half a bowl of rice I took and some little dish here and there. But as I got full, I started to feel a little bit floaty~ :S *Yawns~

So I was about 15 minutes late to Botanical Garden, which I was expecting to see Hock, Apong, Abura and Siew Lay waiting for me at the gate. Unfortunately, Siew Lay wasn't coming along. ~ PPK! And I was the only girl, erm.. nothing is wrong of cuz but then quite down pun la... :) At least got a female company maa...

This was our INITIAL PLAN...

yessh! it's top of Penang Hill!!! hike up all the way from the bottom of Botanical Garden!!!


Actually, I was quite looking forward to this activity since the last hiking I went was JLTC then before that was like 4 or 5 years ago? Yea.. The prime outdoor activity for Karate Club back then was hiking, hiking and more hiking on alternate Saturdays! Not everytime we got to hike up Penang Hill. Most of the time until Moon Gate or something, then we hang out there then back down again!

Only once I was on a mission to hike up to Penang Hill, actually we sorta like did not make it to the top but almost (more than 1/2) but due to some parents who were expecting their children to return at a certain time, so we gotta quit! I was F2 or F3.. couldn't really recall. Haha! The second time they organise, I eventually did not make it cuz was having cramps. Came F4 and F5, my stupid bobo teacher advisor sorta like banned this tradition. I always remember her saying "Cikgu penatlah hari Sabtu nak rehat la..".. Kanneh! Potong!!! So, I was quite excited over this activity this time, probably I have no hindrance to reach the top!!

Last time, mostly I used Youth Park track, this time was Botanical and I was pretty unsure bout the tracks. The steepness was almost similar just that this time I got noob. Haha.. Not even 15 minutes up the stairs, I was already panting and feeling altogether like fainting and giving up!!!!



At first, I was telling myself.. "Tahan! Cannot let Kah Whai laugh at you one" Hahaha! But turned out to be he was a good motivator :P But I still damn down. Just down lor. Just thank god didn't faint and roll down the stairs nia Haha! Over exaggerating neeh.. Haha! But that was definitely the first time I got pawned in hiking. FIRST TIME! All along really thought it's my expertise, but just have to admit. Getting older. HAha! Part of the reason I think I ate too heavy breakfast too :S

I stopped many times, kinda potong pun actually. Haha! I insisted that I quit d but then as I said.. Kah Whai was a good motivator wat. Haha! Finally reached the pitstop and heaven it was! I sat down. Dizzy dizzy dizzy and hurried to the toilet. Guess what? Hhaha.. I hurled. HAhahahah! That was cause I drank too much water!!! But just once and I felt rejuvenated :P Too full stomach is not good for hiking :S

Hang out in the pitstop for 20 minutes or so before we decided to hit the tar road back to ground. It was drizzling already that time then suddenly, praaahhhh... heavy rain. Thank God there was a shelter. And alot of things happened there. Erm.. just nice things :) Hahahaha!

A good weather turned into a bad weather. When the rain started to slow down, we faster made our steps to the tar road so that we won't be stranded again later if the rain starts to pour like cats and dogs again. Zhi Xiang and Hock were roller blading down the hill, leaving behind me and Kah Whai with some bobos.

The tar road was real slippery after the rain pour and the cars kept going up and down the hill and we coudn't really walk in peace. Then came a time I was pawned again :S Shit leh...! Hike up time, weak. Hike down so simple yet....

Just imagine this situation below.....

Situation A

A car was coming up so I walked to the side a little to avoid. There were some dried leaves and rough sands, I knew they were slippery but I thought I could escape the "tragedy" by being extra careful!


Situation B:

DownzoRr lor... Slipped and prrreeeeert.. and it was embarassing pun neeh. Haha! I felt funny myself pun but Kah Whai hmmm.. dunno! Din get to capture his expression.. Haha! Kept reminding ppl to not step on leaves but I myself did.. How noob could that be?? :P


Hence this emerged...

Skin kinda scrapped off a little.. Haha!




I was trying to get away from my mum, trying not to let her see this but could not. It was too obvious. Lols! But at least this was better looking than before I washed with the water. Because rain water was dripping and it makes the blood streamed down from my knees to my ankle level and that was gross, for a while. Haha! The last time I got this, that would be when I was 6 years old. Haha!

Thanks to Ah Chin, my brother's gf whom is a nurse! I got bandaged!!!

this can look pretty cool when I'm wearing a skirt or shorts :)

So that was basically my bad experience urmm for the first time in hiking. I guess, I learnt a few lessons lor:-

Make sure the next time, I..
a) Get enough sleep the night before
b) Not to have a heavy breakfast an hour before
c) Not to challenge the dried leaves.. WEAR A LONG PANTS!

That's all for today. God bless me, I'm home, safe and sound. Haha! Thanks for very patient friends and.. sorry for being potong! Haha!! I'll be more mentally prepared for the next round. It doesn't begin nor end here. Haha!

Oh yea! Thanks to Zhi Xiang for being my P.A, lols.. "Zhi Xiang, chui! Zhi Xiang chui!" Lols... And Hock ermsS.. apple bottom jeans and boots with the fur ROCKS! HAHA!

No comments:

What should be the name of my NAMETAG?!